Hamilton Township municipal offices are located at 2090 Greenwood Avenue, Hamilton NJ 08650.
On March 11, 1842 the New Jersey State Legislature passed an Act officially creating the Township of Hamilton from what had previously been the Township of Nottingham. Since that time Hamilton Township has grown from scattered industries, villages and agriculture to a thriving community with business, industry and institutions serving the central Jersey market and beyond.
True to these early settlement patterns, Hamilton is still aptly described as a community of neighborhoods. The fabric of historic villages, such as Bromley, Mercerville, Groveville, Hamilton Square, Cornell Heights, Extonville and others, have matured over time into neighborhoods which connect with other neighborhoods and with commercial centers. The proximity of homes to schools, parks and open space and convenience service and retail uses are key to the high quality of life in the Township.
The township was established from a portion of Nottingham Township (which was founded in 1686 as part of Burlington County.)
Hamilton is home to two historic residences that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places: the Hutchinson House (Hamilton Square) on Mill Pond Road and the Isaac Pearson house located at the intersection of Emiline and Hobson Avenues.
Nearby Towns: Allentown Boro • Bordentown City • Bordentown Twp • Chesterfield Twp • Fieldsboro Boro • Lawrence Twp • Robbinsville Twp • Trenton City • West Windsor Twp •