Parsons City Hall is located at 341 Second Street, Parsons, WV 26287.
Captain James Parsons and his brother, Thomas, came to the region in the late 1700's and patented land. The Parson family lived in Hardy County, near present day Moorefield, prior to settling in Tucker County. Captain James Parsons was kidnapped by Native Americans ca. 1762 from Hardy County and taken beyond the Ohio River. He managed to escape and on his trek homeward he discovered the Horseshoe Trail which ran through Tucker County and vowed to return to settle.
The Parsons brothers, James and Thomas, returned to the Parsons area and claimed all of the flat land in the Horseshoe Bend area. John Minear, a German immigrant, after hearing tales of the rugged beauty of the land, came to colonize in March 1774 along with forty colonists. Minear and Parsons had a dispute concerning the land in the Horseshoe Bend. They settled their differences and James Parsons took the Horseshoe Bend; Thomas the Holly Meadows; and Minear settled two miles down river at the present site of St. George.